Monday, September 3, 2007

Lost in Translation

Three hours after returning home Sean says, "Thank you Mama, Nemo park. I touch water."

Now let me translate to tell you what he really means.......

Dear Mother and Father dearest,

Thank you ever so much for taking my siblings and I to the Florida Aquarium. Especially on this overcrowded Labor Day when everyone and their uncle had the same idea. I am impressed by dad's strength as he managed to hold me as I hovered over the stingray aquarium for at least 15 minutes while I decided if I was brave enough to put my hands in the water. ( I was). Thank you for holding me, chasing me, pushing me in the stroller, and most amazingly, not losing me, or Luke, or Sarah during the journey. Thank you for occassionally slowing us down enough to read some interesting facts, so that the adventure was educational as well as a speed race for completion. Thank you for the yummy grilled cheese sandwhich lunch that was ridiculously expensive. If it makes you feel better, I'll say it was the best grilled cheese EVER! The best part of the day was playing in the cool water park (which it was). While you two adults roasted in the sun, while chasing us around, we were ever so cool playing with the other 1 million kids--many of whom were unsupervised, I'm sure. Thank you for taking the time to teach me to wait my turn on the water slide, even though it required you to get soaked while I learned. Thank you for running us through the parking lot as the usual afternoon thunderstorm rolled through---we hit this thunderstorm at the perfect moment, because you were so generous to spend additional time at that same old stingray tank before leaving.

Thanks for letting me see Nemo at the aquarium, I'll remember it in my two year old brain for at least the next 3 hours. If you would have brought the camera to catch the day on film, I could have remembered it forever. But you forgot the camera, didn't you Mom. It's ok. I had fun.

Love, Sean

No comments: