Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Our trip











Patrick and I spent four days together in the Bahamas a few weeks ago. While we missed the kids, and felt somewhat guilty realizing all the fun they would have had at the resort, I must admit it was wonderful to be away with just my husband. We had such a good time enjoying each others company. We got to eat without disruption, and swim without worrying about drowning toddlers! I knew my hubby was my very best friend, but I guess amidst all the day to day joy of a busy family, I forgot just how much fun he was to be with. One comment that stands out in my mind was his comment that I didn't seem cranky AT ALL in four whole days. I guess I have some work to do in my daily life, but it was quite relaxing to only worry about my hubby and myself during our vacation. The resort was amazing and we had a ton of fun enjoying the waterslides and wonderful aquarium and lagoons. Going to this conference/vacation was his idea and I was skeptical at times about leaving home. I must say this was a wonderful gift from a wonderful man.

2 comments:

Alix Bryant said...

You guys look great!! Miss you tons!

Amanda Vittitow said...

Glad y'all had fun!!!