Friday, July 12, 2013

Wedding Fun

In mid-June we headed up to Cleveland for our nephew's wedding.  We had a wonderful time visiting with family and friends.  Patrick returned home shortly after the wedding to work for a week and then to head to Bolivia for a mission trip.  Seeing as the kids and I had no big plans for the week, we stayed for those 2 weeks up in Cleveland with Grandma and Grandpa.  We sure missed Daddy, but we had a fun, busy, busy time.  We went to the zoo several times, Swings-n-things, the homes of some relatives, Cedar Point, various parks around town, and the Science Center.  Each of the big kids had an individual date with mom.  It was really fun to share undivided time with them doing something they each chose.  We made many happy memories, and left Grandma and Grandpa very tired.  Actually, Grandpa drove us back home to NC as he was worried about us driving all that way without and extra set of adult hands.  It was a good thing he came with us, as fatigue hit for me about 30 miles outside of Cleveland.  Apparently I wasn't getting enough sleep on our stay, so I was able to catch-up a bit in the car on the ride home.  I can't image how I would have made the drive without my Dad!







No comments: