Friday, February 21, 2014

Valentines Day 2014

Valentine's Day fell just a few days after the great snow.  We were still in that cuddly, cozy sort of way.  Perfect for the day, I think.  Patrick and I made the kids a special Valentine's day breakfast.  And along with snow we had some Valentine's day treats.

 We made our first batch of snow cream on the day of the big snow.  I hadn't heard of it before but I guess it is a Southern tradition.  Luke said all the kids were talking about it at swimming, as in, "Luke, how long does your mom make you wait on a snow day to make snow cream?"  So we gave it a shot. Not as good as ice cream, but the kids ate it.
 I picked up a new Wii game before the storm, which I never, ever, ever do.  I let the kids have a Wii playing fest one afternoon. The Wii happens to be located in our bedroom at the moment.  So they played from our bed.
 I got Lucy a Pinkalicious book.  I had never seen one before.  She  loved it.  The rest of us...not so much.  Sarah thought they were mostly dumb, so I think I will only bring one home from the library a few times a year.

 Lucy cuddled up with popcorn and a movie to get warm after a time outside.

No comments: