Thursday, August 2, 2007

Homeschool fun involves cigarettes and beer bottle tops


I really enjoy homeschooling. I think this year will be better than last. Luke seems to love the history we are studying, and I'm learning too! Sarah is learning to read and add, and she'll happily tag along in other subjects too. In history, we are learning about archeology and ancient civilizations. One of the neat things about school at home is that kids can apply their new "knowledge" in a way that they often can't in a traditional school. Here Luke and Sarah went outside and made their own archeological dig. Just like they did in the books we read. They mearsured and marked their quadrant. The collected treasures and washed them. They recorded their findings. And this is what we learned. The "ancients" on our street drank adult beverages and smoked tobacco. Well....anyway......

1 comment:

Joy Chafin said...

Jessica,
I hope y'all are getting settled. I love reading your blog and you're an inspiration to me. I'm not sure that I am as patient as you, but I'm trying! You truly seem made to be a Mom. Hi to Patrick and the kids. Take care, Joy