Saturday, May 3, 2008

Conversations on the commode

Sean and I spend a lot of time on the potty these days. OK, Sean is on the potty, I am just the observer/helper person. I'm convinced he enjoys these sessions because he has my undivided attention, and he will just chat away for minutes on end....(15-20 sometimes). It is a blessing since it forces me to slow down and just focus on him and the wonders he finds in the world. I remember these sessions with the other kids, but I don't remember them filled with so much conversation, such is the world with Sean. And what a funny world it is. I appreciate being able to see my world through the eyes of my littlest guy, even if our conversations happen in the bathroom.

Sean: "God is funny."
Mom: " Yes, I think you are right. He made lots of funny animals, and funny plants...."
Sean: "And he can wipe his own tush!"

The things you look forward to when you are almost three are different from any other age. But there is a rule in this house.....no wiping by little people until 4 1/2.....it just makes my life less gross.

No comments: