Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lucy's days













I am really enjoying this "babymoon". I remember sleepless nights from the past and the stress of worrying about when I would ever sleep again. This time around it is all joy (for the most part!). Perhaps it took me five kids to realize I will sleep again...someday. And crying does end at some point (although Lucy doesn't cry all that much). It is such joy to see the kids and their love for her. Sean asked yesterday, while she was sleeping, "Can I just go and look at her face?" When she fusses, someone is always ready to hold and cuddle her. They gently rub her little face and sing her songs. She spends many hours sleeping on my chest, which never would have happened a few babies ago. I now realize, these days don't last long. And while they are sometimes exhausting, it is all gift. And we are thankful!














We are even more thankful now that our week of being hooked-up to the bili-blanket is over!

3 comments:

Alix Bryant said...

ohhh, i love the pic with patrick. it's so sweet. i love these days too when they are itty bitty. lucky you! enjoy them all!

Amanda Vittitow said...

Sweet little blog!!! What is the little blue tube between Lucy's legs?

Jessica said...

Hi Amanda--that "lovely" tube was the power line to the bili-blanket. The blanket wrapped around her abdomen and connected to the power unit via that tube. Then the power unit plugged into the wall....24 hours a day for 7 days. We didn't go anywhere for those seven days we were hooked-up. Hope you are well.