Sunday, August 12, 2012

All Aboard the Crazy Train

I am blessed to have several friends from large families.  All are wonderful people, and they help to keep me focused on the positives and more importantly to keep things in perspective.  Sometimes little things can seem like such a big deal and they reassure me that they really are not so important.  When talking a few months ago with a friend who is one of five, she told me, "Girl for the next 15 years you are on the crazy train....just enjoy the ride."  I really like that motto and am contemplating having a t-shirt made for myself and some other friends.  But here are the latest antics that help to remind me....."of the train".

1.  "Are we really out of milk again?  That is it...we buy 6 gallons to start the week from now on and see how long we can last...4 is a joke."

2.  Max:  "Mom remember when be got these bracelets at the Monkey Theater?"  (Mom thinking....what on earth is a Monkey Theater?  Mom looks at the object in question.  Oh yeah!)  Mom:  "Max we call that place a zoo, not a Monkey Theater."

3.   I will preface this story with the fact that neither my brain nor my hands are working well these days.  Maybe pregnancy is to blame, but I keep dropping things.  Especially sweet drinks inside the garage that then need cleaned up (including glass).  Usually after 3 days of such episodes, tears ensue.  I also seem to be  calling all my boys by the wrong names.  Yesterday, Sean walked into the kitchen with a post-it note attached to his chin.  On it was printed his name.  He calmly told me it was to help me to remember to call him by the right name.  Instead, I began to freak out that my children will forever remember me being so scatterbrained that I couldn't even remember their names.

All on board the crazy train......

1 comment:

Alix Bryant said...

love these stories! you are an awesome mom, Jess, with a great family! hope you are feeling well, almost there!! love you guys!