Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome baby Thomas

It is sad for me to think that many months ago I couldn't understand God's timing.  Life was hectic.  Lucy didn't sleep.  I homeschool.  I couldn't handle another baby.  And so I cried.  But good friends and wonderful husbands stepped in to tell me I could, and I would.  They developed plans and had good ideas, and still I doubted.  And then Thomas arrived.  I was sure he would be late and big.  He was early and small.   I have 10 pound babies in less than 3 hours, but Thomas was tiny and it took 10.  And that describes Thomas....a surprise.....a gift that only God knew we needed.  And apparently we needed him so, because it feels like he was always supposed to be with us.  His quiet open eyes take us and the world all in.  And he fills our hearts.  I am so very thankful that God knew better than me.





Thomas had a birthday party in the hospital complete with cupcakes and presents for all his siblings.  (pretty thoughtful baby huh?)  The biggest treat was his Grandma and Grandpa Army got to be in town for his birth. They were in town for a few days on their way back from vacation so they got to spend a bit of time with him before heading home.  And we were very thankful for the extra help!


Details:
Name:  Thomas More
born:  8/19/12
7 pounds 7 ounces   22 inches

1 comment:

Alix Bryant said...

Been thinking about you guys. Love this post and so happy that you have a new baby in the house. Your family is the best!!! Love to you all!