Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Great Wolf Lodge










This past weekend we went with some friends to the Great Wolf Lodge and had a wonderfully fantastic time.  I was a bit leary about 6 kids in a water park, especially a 1 1/2 year old and a newborn.  But it was awesome.  I cannot say enough about the lifeguard staff there.  I have never been so comfortable letting my kids have free reign over a place, and this one was a waterpark!  This "method" of lifesaving was so involved, I was exhausted after just watching them watch people.  You have to go and see it to believe it.  Patrick looked at me just a few minutes into our first steps into the water park and said, "What are they doing?"  A few minutes after that we understood that those summer lifeguards at a neighborhood pool....are so junior varsity.  Moving on....the kids loved the slides.  The big three made friends with other kids and just ran from slide to slide. Patrick and I took turns hanging out with them and having slide adventures.  At one point, I was sliding with the big kids for over 2 hours.  It was so nice to play with them and talk to them without little ones interrupting or spilling things.  Sean was standing next to me just rubbing my arm and talking to me.  I realized then and there that I need to make an effort to just have fun with the kids more.  It was such a blessing to have that time with them.  My second realization was that I am old.  Patrick realized this too.  I can't go down waterslides backwards anymore....it kind of ruins it.  I feel old and sick after that.  Patrick renamed the "Whirling Tornado" the "Hurling Tornado", it could be a more accurate name.  After our sliding adventures the kids went trick-or-treating throughout the hotel for candy, and we got to see a story hour show  in the lobby.  There were a few more adventures in the hotel, but really...the waterslides were great.

No comments: