Wednesday, November 7, 2012

his thesis to dad

Life with an "almost-teenager" is so interesting.  Here I am twelve years after his birth still changing diapers, scheduling naps, and taking care of babies.  And then there is Luke.   It is so very interesting to see his personality develop and his interests in so many things bud. For instance, he loves to follow politics.  What twelve year old asks to watch debates or the McLaughlin group with his parents for fun?  While watching election returns last night he pulled out a section of the Wall Street Journal that he had cut and kept in his pockets.  As results looked less and less favorable for our candidate, he tried to reassure us with different ways Romney could win.  It was all listed on his "WSJ cheat sheet". (Alix, you would have been so proud!) Somedays it is frustrating as I see those eye rolls (that I am not supposed to see), or hear huffing and some sarcasm sneak into his tone.  But most days he is super helpful, full of laughs, and ideas.  This is one of his latest ideas.  He typed up a thesis to give to dad explaining his cause.  I figured out how to scan a document, just so I can remember this years later.  This is just so Luke.  He handed it to me with a smirk and the following comment:  "It is full of charm, wit, and logic."  So....very Luke

7 comments:

Angela said...

I love it! So, what did Patrick say? =)

Alix Bryant said...

He's so grown up and a REALLY great kid. Get him the Nexus 7!!!

Amanda Vittitow said...

What did Dr Kelty say?! Hope everyone is doing well!! I miss you guys!!!!!

Shannon Willis said...

I am literally cracking up at work!!! Luke....you are one-of-a-kind!!!

Shannon Willis said...

I am literally cracking up at work!!! Luke....you are one-of-a-kind!!!

Jessica said...

Hmm..Patrick said that if he had left off the sarcasm at the end, he may have thought about it. Luke has taken an interest in photography, and he has read several photography books and played around with my camera. Patrick suggested a "real" camera for Christmas..one of those fancy ones neither he nor I will ever figure out how to use. I hope Luke will figure it out. He seemed to like the idea

Jessica said...

Hmm..Patrick said that if he had left off the sarcasm at the end, he may have thought about it. Luke has taken an interest in photography, and he has read several photography books and played around with my camera. Patrick suggested a "real" camera for Christmas..one of those fancy ones neither he nor I will ever figure out how to use. I hope Luke will figure it out. He seemed to like the idea