Thursday, February 22, 2007

Booze



Well, I found myself pondering the life of the third child today. Time is flying by so quickly with the children, and I find parenting Sean somewhat different than Luke or Sarah. Life was a bit more slow and relaxed with the other two, but perhaps I myself was not. I find that I am savoring this bit of childhood more recently and counting my blessings a bit more often too! Today we took a trip to the park for a walk/bike ride (seeing as it was 70 degrees, sunny, and breezy!) I had every intention of it being a nature hike by bringing bags to collect our nature finds....however, I forgot the bags. The walk proved a bit more difficult with Sarah struggling to start and stop her bike each time (but hey, we are riding...and that is an accomplishment!) , myself struggling to keep up with the bike riders, the dog struggling to walk on the leash without being run over by the stroller, and Sean struggling to keep his items in the stroller....and then there was the impromptu visit to the play park. So by the time we left I was a bit tired and trying to remain cheerful. However, when we got home Luke and Sarah played legos QUIETLY for a half an hour and Sean played with his toys. Amidst this I was taking care of my blisters....did I mention that while all the kids had appropriate riding/walking equiptment (including helmets) I did not have proper walking shoes. While working on my toes, Sean walked over pointing to his nose saying "Booze, Booze". Being well versed in Sean speak, I laughed quite hard realizing he was asking me if the gunk on my toes were BOOGERS! Yes, booze equals booger. Shortly there after he brought me a book saying..."Choo-choo-choo" Unusual for him, since his favorite book is "Moon". Again, I chuckled when I realized he wanted me to read him one of Luke's Pokemon books, the main character being Pikachu. Hmm.....how does this happen, the things filling his childhood are a bit different than the things that filled Luke's?! Yet when I thought a bit more, I realized he is probably a bit more blessed. He has a Mom who I hope is more relaxed, siblings who almost always readily drop their tasks and toys to play with him, and more people to love and kiss him during the day. I know I need to overlook the mess that surrounds me and appreciate the blessings they bring me every day.

No comments: