Thursday, April 26, 2007

Big boy footsteps


As mom's we all have our sturggles in handing over our "babies" into the world of big kids. I find myself in that struggle with my little guy. No longer a baby, he wants to do everything, "myself". I can no longer put him in or take him out of the car...he does it "myself". He climbs in and out of the highchair..."myself". He walks up the front steps..."myself". And when I fight the tears watching him grow, I call him over to give me a kiss....and he giggles and runs away "no...no...no" most of the time. He yells with joy..."I did it" to every new feat. He prefers playing with his siblings much more then mom. I do not recall the last time I saw him without a ball. They go everywhere with us now, golf balls, baseballs, basketballs, golf clubs too sometimes! While it is very exciting to carry on a full-fledged conversation with my guy, and hear him say "sorry" and "yes sir"----we are working on ma'am, after reprimands, I miss my snuggle bug. So everything about Sean is now big boy, except shoes. I refuse to allow him to wear big kid tennis shoes...to me that is the end of babyhood, and I'm just not ready. Take a look at his shoes...the new shoes. They looked like this 3 days after purchase. Sorry Grandma, but we will wear them until we out grow them. Maybe then, I will be ready to be the mother of an officially "big boy"!

No comments: