Monday, April 2, 2007

We're Back

We just arrived home from vacation. A week and Grandma and Grandpa's house and a quick stop in Cincinnati. We had such fun. The kids love to visit with "the family". The weather was better than expected, sunny and 70's for the week. Apparently we didn't need the winter coats, hats, gloves, and long sleeved shirts that I packed. Go figure! I think I am finally reorganized here at home following the loads of laundry, grocery shopping, mail sorting, etc that follow any trip. Now I have time for the other things in life....like trips to the library that my 6 year old begs for...daily. I cannot keep enough books in this house to last multiple days for Luke. I am so happy he loves to read, but so unhappy that I have to take my 2 year old to the library, again. I will have Luke looking for his books, Sarah looking for her books, and Sean taking any book possible off the shelf, or playing with the water fountain, or dumping out the box of crayons, or playing hide-and-seek along the shelves. I work up a sweat long before the trek out of the library, which entails trying to get a 2 year old to hold my hand, finding my keys, and helping the other 2 carry out arm loads of books which we'll try not to lose before we do it all again in 3 days. I also have to iron pokemon cards. I don't know if this will work, but it is my only idea to salvage cards that went through the laundry. Oh yeah, I have to iron many articles of clothing as well, but for some reason, the little people only care about the cards! So hence there is no picture with this blog entry. I hope to get to that in several days...as long as I'm not at the library.

No comments: