Tuesday, March 20, 2007

When did they grow up?




I'm not sure when it happened. I guess I wasn't watching closely enough, but my boys are growing....quickly! Luke will put the toothfairy out of business at the rate he is going. He lost his top two front teeth, today! Thankfully, Patrick enjoys wiggling and pulling. For some reason, I cannot stomach it. Diapers, spit-up...no problem. Show me a wiggly tooth, one facing the wrong direction....uhhh, I wan't to keel over. So Patrick and Luke wiggled, pulled, and used floss as a tug-a-tooth rope, and managed to get them both out today. I am so glad. It was honestly grossing me out to look in poor Luke's direction. His teeth were all "funny" looking.




Then there is my other little man, Sean. He is so cuddly and snuggly, yet I am sensing the TWO'S upon us. We have had some "nice" tantrums lately. I find it much easier the third time around. I realize this too shall pass. The kids and I often talk about our guardian angles, our family and relatives on earth, and our "family" in heaven. I try to remind the kids that while we pray for each other, and Gramy and Grampy, and all our aunts, cousins, friends, the poor, little babies, all our blessings like the nice weather, flowers etc.... (as you can see our list goes on and on sometimes....usually right before bed--maybe it is a ploy to stay up later?) we can also ask our family in heaven to pray for us during our stuggles here on earth. On this day, Sean may have gotten the lesson better than us all, as he shares a kiss with a statue of the Blessed Mother. Luckily, I had my camera while taking pictures of the kids in the leaves, but this one warmed my heart.

1 comment:

Pierce Family said...

Luke, my man!! Love the picture without his teeth. I also have been dealing with the tantrums. Owen will stomp his feet and it is all i can do not to smile because he looks so darn cute.