Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Hit Me! (Again)

I've been pondering God's gift of the family alot lately. What a wonderful and unique blessing. I dwell often on the enormous task we have of preparing the souls' of our children for God's work on earth and glory in Heaven. However, I realize the importance of our children for their efforts in preparing us also (probably unknown to them). How? These little people help to humble us mothers everyday. I am thankful that they are helping to humble my prideful soul so that one day I may be ready for Heaven. And if one child humbles, imagine what multiple children do!!!! Let's see....there is poop, pee, vomit, eating boogers in public...(these are just the items dealing with bodily functions and/or fluids). And so my morning began like this......me and three kids piled into our teeny bathroom for the morning ritual of hair combing and teeth brushing. Luke matter-of-factly asks, "Mom can you try to be more JOYFUL today?" Now please note, he did not ask for me to be happy or nice, he wanted full out joy. (As a mother, should I not have this quality daily...in abundance?) I answered, "huh, me, what...?" Luke responded, "You were kind of grouchy yesterday." And so I managed a weak smile, and short prayer....."OK Lord...Hit me again! What else are you trying to tell me?"

2 comments:

Alix Bryant said...

I don't know if I can deal with anymore poo... did you try to tell me that this stuff "doesn't smell that bad?"

Shannon Willis said...

Hey Kelty Family! I absolutely love your blog. I get to experience each day with you and watch your kids grow up. What a wonderful gift to share with family and friends. Jessica, your daily recaps are wonderful and the accompanying pictures are priceless.