Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How quickly they grow!

Sean just passed by. He carried a fishing pole (puzzle version), and a plastic cooler filled with plastic cuisine. He looked at me with his cream cheese covered shirt and impish grin and waved.

"I goin' to college, Mama", he advised.

Currently, college is located under an end table at the end of the couch. Luckily for me, his "semesters" last for about 10 minutes instead of months. And then the future flashes before my eyes, and I realize he will be grown-up and gone all too soon. Some days, the days seem to pass so slowly....messes to clean, meals to fix, housework to do, bottoms to wipe. However, when I stand back I cannot believe this journey of parenthood is already 7 years old. Where has the time gone? And how can I slow it down?

I take a deep breath and go to release the children who were banished to time-out for back-talking. We will start again, on this long day. Because it won't be so long after all.

1 comment:

Mary Janelle said...

well said, Jessica! Isn't it all about starting again and realizing it goes too fast? Thanks for quoting sean lately; he's such a cute little sage.