Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our "poopy" marriage

A few days ago, Patrick and I celebrated 10 years of wedded bliss. In the middle of a crazy busy week, with school, vacation bible school, two birthday parties, and chores, I didn't have too much time to think about it. Infact, all Patrick received was a nice dinner of steak, potatoes, salad, cheese and bread. However, late that night God provided time for me to ponder this adventure we are on. A "lower bowel" illness, hit two of the kids in the middle of the night. So Patrick and I comforted, showered, and changed children. We settled them in on our floor for the rest of the night. Somehow, we got entangled in a "teaching moment" with one of the kids. (I've learned when God provides the opportunity....to take it!) We woke up with kids throughout the night to help the kids. In the midst of wiping a little tush at one point, I looked up to see my husband comforting another, and realized how blessed I am. I am blessed with wonderful children and the opportunity to be with them daily. And I share in this venture with a gentle, honest, fun, hardworking man who provides for us all. When we settled back into bed at one point, Patrick laughed....."the first ten started with Mass and a party, this one is starting with a lot of s--t!". I pray for 60+ more years of adventure......and less poop would be better!

1 comment:

Alix Bryant said...

Jess, you do have a great husband and father to your children and I know that Patrick realizes how lucky he is to have YOU! Congrats on 10 years, you're a great role model to couples and families everywhere! We love you and miss you guys!