Wednesday, December 12, 2007

St. Nicholas Day

Unfortunately, I spent this day laying on the couch feeling miserable. Many of my plans were left incomplete this year due to the "yucks". But I hope to do many of them next year. Luckily for me, all the plans you could want can be found here http://www.stnicholascenter.org/Brix?pageID=23 . There are books to read, crafts to make, cookies to bake, crossword puzzles, plays, and things to discuss. We did the crossword puzzle, a coloring sheet, and read a few of the books. By the end of the day, my kids had made the "breakthrough" discovery that Santa is a representation of St. Nick. And St. Nick was a giving, generous bishop who lived a long time ago and helped people. And it is with that spirit that we give gifts on St. Nicholas Day and Christmas Day......mission accomplished. Not bad from the couch!

No comments: