Saturday, May 18, 2013

Godspeed neighbors!

Last weekend we had a little impromptu going away party for our wonderful neighbors.  They had been splitting time between their Florida home and here in NC, but they sold their house so it was time to say goodbye.  I know the kids are going to miss them terribly, as they acted like surrogate grandparents for our crew.  The Lord has blessed our lives' in so many ways, but I count the wonderful sets of neighbors that He has set in our path near the top.  I know Max will miss his toy-filled chocolate eggs from Mr. Hubbard's trips to Germany.  And Sarah will miss her Christmas time shopping trips with Mrs. Hubbard.  Sean and Luke will miss having a Mr. Fixit to help out with problems and broken toys when dad isn't home.  Sometimes they would be halfway out the door because "Mr. Hubbard can fix it", before I could tell them to just wait a bit....maybe Mom could try? I know my husband will miss his partner in crime when it comes to projects around the house and yard.  He'll also miss his conservative news junkie confidant. And I'm not sure how I will ever pick out a paint color...since I usually just ask my neighbor!


Today I took the little ones on rainy day walk.  When I asked where they wanted to go, they suggested a walk to the Hubbards.  I had to remind them that the Hubbards live by the beach now.  Lucy just looked up at me, shaking her head, and said, "I miss them."  That about sums it up here.  We are all pretty sad.  But our home is now filled with many of the items the Hubbard's couldn't take with them.  I suppose I will keep memories alive by saying things like, "Get off Mr. Hubbard's chair....get me Mrs. Hubbard's white bowl."  We are hoping Mrs. Hubbard, Pop, and Gracie will come visit us soon!

No comments: