Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sibling love

Thomas has figured out how to crawl, and watching the reaction among his siblings has been so enjoyable.  I was putting away laundry when I heard Luke scream, "Mom, come quick!"  My brain immediately began to run through the broken glass, spill, injury checklist.  However, when I got to Luke, he was standing with a silly grin on his face, pointing to Thomas.  "Look, he can crawl!"

It is moments like these that warm my heart, even on those trying days.  Luke was so excited by the baby's accomplishments that he got on the floor and proceeded to try and play chase with a newly crawling 9 month old.  It is so wonderful to see the love and awe over little things between my crew.  I must admit it is good to see these milestones from a sibling's perspective.  While my mind first thought, "Here we go, what can he get into, what needs picked up, what needs moved?"...Luke simply thought, "He couldn't move yesterday, and now he can....cool!"

And about that cleaning, moving, picking up....he figured out how to crawl a few days ago.  Today I found Thomas and Lucy practically inside the fireplace, with hands full of those little stones, throwing them all about the room.  Big smiles on their faces as their relationship takes on a new dynamic of "partners-in-crime".

No comments: