Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Gratitude journal

From time to time I debate starting a gratitude journal.  I think they are a fantastic idea for focusing on all the things we should be thankful for.  And, lets face it...it may serve as a momentary pick-me-up for a very busy, homeschooling mother, who, from time to time, may wonder.....is this good, is this working, are we learning....anything, what day is it, what is for dinner?  And the like.  But it would require time, which is so very precious.  So for me it is more of a mental exercise.  Except for today, because this one I need to remember.

Today I am thankful for swimming, followed by Boyscouts and baseball, which required "conquer and divide" by parents, dinner on the fly...in stages for the kids and take-out for adults at 8:45 pm. I am thankful for a race of baths and bedtimes and last minute chats.  And I am so very, very, very thankful that Patrick asked for a beer while tucking in some kids, which required me to head to the beer fridge in the garage.  I am so thankful it was happening in that moment because upon entering the garage I saw the cat perched on top of the cardboard box containing the 10 chicks.  The box with the lid half-open.  The cat with his head peering into the box.  We were moments away from mayhem and a scene I don't want to think about involving blood and feathers.  So very thankful for....beer, a box, and husbands tucking in kids.

No comments: